Saturday, February 27, 2010

Yay, an Honorable Mention!

A couple of days ago I received my "December Bay" photo back from the Gillette Nature Association winter photo contest I had submitted it to.  I didn't think it had received anything, but when I opened the envelope, there was an honorable mention ribbon inside, and velcro on the back of the piece from where it had been displayed for a month in the visitor center!  That was pretty cool!  The contest had been advertised statewide, including on the Michigan.gov website, which was where I saw it.

They also sent a flyer for their next photo contest, which is deeply intriguing, (fungus and lichens... a perfect subject for microscope work!)  However, my husband is moving us to a new state soon, so I don't know if I'll be able to enter.

Here's the honorably mentioned photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment