Monday, January 18, 2010

Contest entry for Gardening Gone Wild

One of my hobbies is gardening, so when I saw a photo contest on Gardening Gone Wild with the theme of Winter's Beauty, I knew I had to submit an entry, and I knew which shot it had to be.


This shot was taken with the field microscope in one of the vegetable boxes on the deck, and I was really happy with the fact that I got the snowflake in the process of melting, but managed to capture it before the detail of the heart of the snowflake had melted away. I thought it worked well for the garden blog contest, because not only does it show snow, but also magnified soil, and I think they play well together.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful! You've captured the intricate detail of the snowflake so well. Better than one could see with the naked eye, of course. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a jewel! Love the contrast of soil and ice.

    ReplyDelete